The USP of Digital Marketing, which also makes it different from traditional methods, is the trackability. You can know who viewed your blog and showed interest in it and then slowly convert them into a customer. But, there are many small businesses or startups who are confused and shy away from analytics in digital marketing campaigns. In this article, we discuss the benefits, implementation with data, etc so that owners or marketers can get trained in digital marketing along with web analytics.
What are the Benefits of Using Analytics in Digital Marketing?
The benefits of using analytics are endless. It helps you to understand your audience better and make decisions based on that.
With the help of digital analytics, marketers are able to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. They are also able to use this data for better decision-making. Hence, analytics is taught to be used in every aspect of digital marketing provided you learn from best digital marketing courses.
Analytics can be used for many different purposes such as understanding the performance of your website and optimizing it, getting insights into how users interact with your app or knowing what content is performing well on social media.
The benefits of using analytics in marketing include:
- Better understanding of the customer journey
- Improved targeting and segmentation
- Measurement of ROI
How to Implement an Effective Marketing Strategy with Data
Data science is a new and emerging field that is revolutionizing the way companies operate. It allows companies to use data to make better decisions and execute marketing strategies more efficiently.
Data can be used for everything from identifying the best customer segment, to understanding how many marketing campaigns you need to run in order to get your target audience. With the help of data, marketers are able to create more effective campaigns that will produce better results.
However, it’s not enough to simply have a data-driven marketing strategy or to collect data. You need to know how to use the data you have and then understand what the best course of action is for your business.
Some steps that can help you implement an effective marketing strategy with data are:
- Identify your target audience
- Collect data on your audience
- Create a customer journey map
- Understand why customers buy from you
Top Web Analytics Tools for Marketers
There is a wide variety of different tools available for marketers. In order to make the right decision, you should consider your needs and goals before deciding what tool to use.
Top Web Analytics Tools:
- Google Analytics – The most popular web analytics tool in the world. It provides a comprehensive set of features that allows users to monitor their website’s traffic, conversion rates, revenue, and more.
- Adobe SiteCatalyst – This web analytics tool is used by companies who have websites with a large amount of content on them or need to create websites with high-quality content.
- Semrush- Semrush is a web analytics tool that helps to find keywords, URLs, and competitors for your website. Semrush has been around for over 10 years and it has grown exponentially in the last few years. It is one of the best tools when it comes to keyword research and competitor analysis.
- Ahrefs– Ahrefs is a popular web analytics tool that helps you find the best keywords for your website.
- Ahrefs is one of the most popular tools for SEO and content marketing professionals. It provides many features including keyword research, content suggestions, backlink analysis, and more.
- Uber Suggest– Ubersuggest is a web analytics tool that helps you find the best keyword ideas for your content. It provides users with a comprehensive list of keywords related to their topic and suggests them useful phrases.
- Matomo– Matomo is a web analytical tool that can be used to analyze and track website statistics. It can be used for making decisions, optimizing content, and even improving conversions. Matomo is a free, open-source web analytics software that is written in PHP and uses MySQL as its database backend.
- Leadfeeder– Leadfeeder has been used by many companies in various industries such as SaaS, creative agencies, healthcare, and finance. It is used by brands like Airbnb, Hubspot, Shopify, and more. Leadfeeder helps marketers to find the right leads for their business. It also helps them to understand their audience better and engage with them effectively through content creation tools like blogs and landing pages.
The Power of Visualization for Marketers
When it comes to visual marketing, there are two main types of visuals that marketers use:
Visual analytics is a type of technology that helps marketers visualize data. It uses interactive charts and graphs to convey the most relevant information in a way that is easy for them to digest.
Visual marketing is a form of marketing that relies on visuals, images, and videos. Visuals are used for everything from advertising campaigns to websites. They are also used in email marketing, social media posts, and presentations.
I’m sure that rare concepts such as power of visualisation, data interpretation and integration of analytics with digital marketing campaigns are discussed in detail here and will prepare you for the next decade of marketing. Hope this article was an informative and insightful read for ya’ll!
Founder and CEO at IIDE
Apart from being an Edu-Preneur, Tedx Speaker and a Black Coffee connoisseur, Karan Shah is also the founder of IIDE- The Digital School.
A Harvard alumnus, Karan’s expertise lies in digital marketing and Ecommerce. A storyteller at heart, he has penned plenty of articles in leading news portals such as Entrepreneur, BusinessWorld, Education Times, and Youth Magazine to name a few.